Most comprehensive eye exams include the following:
- Visual Acuity to assess the sharpness of your vision.
- Visual Fields Test to determine if you have blind spots or peripheral vision issues.
- Cover Test to identify strabismus or binocular vision problems.
- Retinoscopy to approximate your eyeglass prescription.
- Refraction to fine tune the final eyeglass prescription using a phoropter.
- Slit Lamp Exam to detect common eye diseases and conditions.
- Glaucoma Test, known as tonometry, to measure your eye’s pressure.
- Dilation of the pupil and ophthalmoscopyto, to examine the optic nerve, retina and blood vessels.